Monday 6 July 2009

Smoking


I don't really remember my first experience of smoking but i can hazard a guess. It was most likely over some park/field or other with my school friends about five years ago. Since this time i have tried to quit about 1786549 times and am still successfully failing at dropping the old habit as we speak. Why people smoke despite the financial and physical cost we pay is a question I dont ever think we can answer, though it was raised often in the discussion we had in class. It's not so much that it's hard to quit for me it's more a case of boredom that makes me want to smoke, especially when drinking through the night at parties that begin to get tedious as soon as everyone turns up. However for most people the addiction is too much and it becomes just an everyday part of life and does not seem to bother us that even the packet itself is screaming out in horror that it could kill you. As for me, knowing that what I am doing is harming me irreversibly there is still something about it that is appealing. Who knows, maybe its just the "cool factor"; Rockstars, actors and other famous characters can be just a big an impact as nicotine can on impressionable people.

No comments:

Post a Comment